Monday, December 1, 2008

Paleontological Birthday




Even though some paleontologist view the world to be 6-7 million years old, we know the truth about creation from God's Word. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (Gen. 1:1) And, we have record of the history of man and of the dates of Christ's birth. That date being placed around the year 3-4 B.C. when King Herod reigned.

On November 29, 2008, the Burch family went on an archaeological adventure. We went to a dinosaur museum in Moscow, Russia, watched a family movie and observed a toy dinosaur egg hatch. Luke turned 9 years old. I praise the Lord for our miracle boy! Doctors only gave him a 10% chance to live. I will never forget to thank the Lord for Luke and for all my children. They are definitely a blessing from Him.

We had a wonderful day celebrating and even learned much about fossils. And, we had some great discussions about when and how we think dinosaurs actually lived and looked. Here are some clips from the Birthday party.



*click on any picture to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...