Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Thanksgiving Prayer- poem by Ashlyn Burch

I am still hung up on the theme of prayer, so to speak. I just read my daughter's poem that was published in her school newsletter. I thought I would share it with you.

A THANKSGIVING PRAYER
Thank you, Lord, for this day
A day set away to pray
A day to remember what You've done
A day to thank You for Your Son.
We gather 'round the table here,
Knowing that we have no fear
Knowing You are very close
Knowing You are the Holy Ghost.
While we eat our food today,
We will lower our heads and pray.
We will pray, thanking You.
We will pray, praising You!
-Ashlyn Burch

The holiday of Thanksgiving is a great day to remember our blessings and a reminder to be so thankful everyday. I hope to share with you soon a lesson I am writing on Prayer or at least a portion of it. God, please help me "continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving" (Col. 4:2). We are to be on guard, observant, watchful and thankful. How often? Continually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...