Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Christmas Carol by Amielle Lydia Burch

A Christmas Carol

“Mother, what is Christmas?
What does it mean?
Why do you celebrate with me?

Why do we sing of Christmas cheer?
So loud for everyone to hear?”

“My darling, my darling, you should know.
Why didn’t you come to me like so?

The reason we gather ‘round the table,
Is ‘cause Jesus was born in a stable.
Why we sing out loud for all to hear
Is ‘cause we want other’s to know of the cheer.”

“But, Mother, why do you give presents out?
It’s not my birthday.
It’s Jesus’!
Give a shout.”

"We give the presents out to show
That we love everyone so.”

“Mommy, Mommy, may I pray?”
“Of course, of course yes you may!”

“God, hear what I pray today.
Thank you for sending your beloved son to be born in a manger for everyone.
Thanks for the food you provide
Thanks again for sending your son to die!!!
Amen!"

~Amielle Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...