Monday, January 19, 2009

A New Year's Prayer from Ashlyn

Since it is a start of a new year for everyone, I found this prayer appropriate for the time. Ashlyn sent me this concluding prayer in an update that she sends in an email to family and friends. Sometimes our kids put it better than we ever could. God bless you all!

"Dear Lord,
I pray that with this New Year many new things can be accomplished. I pray that more people will come to know You. I especially do pray for my neighbors… they are sweet people, Lord, and hope that one day they will come to know You. I pray for my friends and family today as they try to start a new project and complete it, and even as they are in the middle of it and want to complete it. Everything we do is for Your glory … and Lord please let that glory shine as we do the task that is set before us. So that it may show the people around watching how magnificent you are.
In your name I pray. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...