Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Post to You- "thanksgiving"

I really felt compelled to let you know how much we appreciate your prayers, especially during this waiting period to find out about our visa status. We have no doubts that God is in control, and I am trying to enjoy the days as they pass till we hear. Since you have been so dear to pray for us, I want to give you a “heads up” about a recent happening. I hope to write an additional post in more detail later. Just the other day, I opened up the Bible and landed on Psalm 50. I began reading the chapter and verse 15 jumped out at me. Many of you know for a long period of time that I have been listening and not asking questions of the Lord. I have calmed myself by not worrying (Psalm 46:10). After reading this verse, I am proceeding to once again give my request to Him in times of trouble. It says: “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”

Knowing that you prayed for me to hear the Lord’s voice, I sincerely want to say: “Thanks”. Below in devotional form is my post to you. God bless each of you today.

thanksgiving

Path Light: Read Philippians 1:1-9

Key Passage: Every time I remember you, I thank God. I talk to God about you every time I pray, thanking Him for your fellowship from the first time I met you. -Philippians 1:3-5

Paul and Timothy were in prison when this letter was written to the church at Philippi. This church partnered with them for the spreading of the gospel. It was very evident how much Paul prayed with joy for the church members and how much he appreciated their support. He held them close to his heart.

We have had the privilege of having many churches, family, and friends praying for us, supporting us, and joining us as we are on mission to spread the gospel. These brothers and sisters have supported us from the first day. There are times when Paul longed for the church at Philippi like we also long for our churches back home. We know that they are with us in heart. Our prayers should be that they grow spiritually, stay pure and blameless, be filled with righteousness through Jesus, and most of all that they glorify the Lord.
-A Winter’s Path, path 15, L. Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...