Sunday, August 17, 2008

His Plans

As we continue to wait for documentation to stay in country, I am praying fervently to hear the Lord’s voice. I have been listening for His plans and waiting for the next step (see Post “Two Steps at a Time”, Sat. May 10).

I stumbled across a devotional that I wrote several years ago. Please pray that I can locate scriptures over the next few weeks to find direction for my life. Each day my prayer is that I would be faithful for the task for that day!

His plans

Path Light: Read Amos 3-5

Key Passage: It’s true that God won’t do anything unless He reveals it to His servants the prophets. -Amos 3:7

Are we listening to His plans or are we more interested in our agenda? Time after time God had given the nation of Israel His plans (commands or blessings), and time after time they refused to listen and they disobeyed by straying from the Lord.

Path Application:
In chapter 5 we read that the Lord calls for His people to seek Him and live (Amos 5: 4b). How many times have we not listened to God’s call? Let’s make it our focus this week to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal His plans for our lives. Our prayer is that we not continually walk in a direction that we have chosen. And, each step that we take needs to be a step that is guided by Him.

Walk Farther:

1. What do you do to stop and listen to God?

2. Which scripture passages have been most meaningful to you in finding direction for your life?

3. Has there ever been a time when you’ve known what God wants but didn’t do it?
- A Winter’s Path, path 18, L. Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...