Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A lesson to learn- "I am here. Let me go!" (Isaiah 6:8b)


I am ruined!

Path Light: Read Isaiah 4-6

Key Passage: Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts. - Isaiah 6: 5 KJV

It seems very interesting that the first few chapters in Isaiah are placed before chapter six. Chapters one through five apparently are sermons that were given to the children of Israel. They needed to acknowledge their sin. Also God's desire was shown for Israel. The Lord wanted them to produce good fruit. God's wants us to produce beautiful fruit just like He wanted for Israel (Chapter 4). God wanted this fruit to be "excellent and comely". However, many times their sin prevented them from hearing God’s wishes and following His desires.

In chapter six Isaiah suddenly speaks about his calling. Notice in verse five how he admits his sinfulness not only as he sees it but also through the eyes of the King. His vision did not stop at this statement. He admits that he also identifies with the people (children of Israel). He feels as if he lives as one of them. He seems to stress that he is a sinner as they are sinners. Through the prophecies for others he notices his own sinful state.

God then sends a messenger to minister to Isaiah. The seraph flew with a live coal from the altar and touched his mouth saying that the coals have now touched his lips and cleansed them. All the guilt was removed and his sin redeemed (verse 7). The Lord then speaks and asks who will go and be a witness to the people. Isaiah volunteered. He is not appointed like many others before him. Isaiah eagerly said, "I am here. Let me go!" (Isaiah 6:8b)

Path Application:
Maybe today you do not feel worthy to tell others the Truth because of your own sinfulness in the eyes of the Lord. Let God touch your unclean lips and purify your life. Then willingly desire to go and tell others about Him. Go and produce Christ in others. Show people Christ. Do not show yourself. Produce good fruit that will be topnotch and beautiful to the eyes of others.

Prayer on the Path:
Dear Lord, please forgive me of my sinfulness. Forgive me when I have not done what you have asked me to do. Thank you for allowing me to finally see through your eyes my true nature. Now I want to be touched and made clean just as Isaiah. Lord, I am willing to go. Send me! Allow me to be one that produces good fruit and disciple others to produce good fruit. I do not want to show them my ways but show them Your ways.

Walk Farther:
Do you notice your sin?

Does your life resemble that of Christ's?

Are you producing good fruit?

Today will you go and tell?

Will you go and produce good fruit?

-Devotional Journal: Paths of Spring, L. Burch, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...