Thursday, August 21, 2008

A New, Separate Blog


As you have probably guessed by now, I love working with ladies and am actually encouraged by many. Thanks to all of you who give me a call, drop me an e-mail, give me advice over the phone, say a kind word, share great ideas for parenting and teaching my kids, etc. I started an informal blog last year for parents and teachers of homeschool, whether using a full program or doing supplementary classes. However, I never fully got it going. I think that I am now ready.

Blog #2 is now up and running for discussions about educating our kids. Below is an introduction post for this additional site. If you are interested, feel free to take a look.

Posted from: http://sphomeschool.blogspot.com/, Introduction and Network Purpose and How-to, L. Burch

“I am a homeschool mother and teacher of three children. My oldest, Ashlyn, is in the 9th grade; my middle child, Amielle, is in the 7th grade and my youngest, Luke, is in the 3rd grade. We use ABeka and NorthStar programs. I have homeschooled my children for 9 years now while living and serving as an International Mission Board missionary in Russia. Homeschooling has been a joyful experience.

Having given an introduction, I would like to now open this informal blog to parents and teachers of homeschool, whether using a full program or doing supplementary classes. Let’s brainstorm together and pull ideas to better our teaching environment. It has been helpful over the years to have a network of friends and colleagues to make it through a challenging day. I look forward to your ideas for teaching as we collaborate to improve.

I will frequently post a question to spur a discussion. Actually many inquiries will appear from your comments. Homeschool moms, teachers, missionary kid (MK) instructors and MK education consultants, please give advice, share thoughts and make suggestions to our questions or struggles in the comment section. I trust that we will learn from one another and never feel alone in our teaching experience. It always helps to have someone around to listen and to bounce ideas around.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...