Friday, March 31, 2017

Draw your sword.

Draw your sword. Really, it’s the Lord’s armor not mine. After memorizing Ephesians 6 when I was a youth, I learned early to put on the armor of God to prepare for the day’s battles. Those spiritual battles that I cannot see. I have been studying the importance of each piece lately. I recently watched the movie “The Last Samurai” and researched details about the history of the katana. A newborn Japanese Samurai receives his sword at birth and may even follow him to death. Unfortunately, they are so attached to the weapon that the Samurai and soul are like one. What high value is placed on that sword! A lot goes into the creation of one. They are revered. The last part of God’s armor that I take up is the Sword of the Spirit- the Word of God. Revered? Yes. Valued? Yes. Attached? Yes. So, I ask the question: How much time do I spend in His Word? Prepare for battle. Read His Word. Mediate continuously. Draw the sword of the Spirit. (Ephesians 6: 10-20)



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...