Tuesday, November 29, 2016

"let perseverance run its course"


Brothers and sisters in Christ, we should be joyful when we face challenges that test our faith, because we learn patience. With these experiences we let perseverance run its course. Then we reach maturity in our faith and lack not a single thing (James 1:2-4).

I have read these verses a thousand times and even quoted this scripture regularly, but today the meaning of letting perseverance run its course took on a whole new meaning. I often paid attention to the fact that we learn patience during a time of testing. That is understood. God teaches His children this character trait whether we whole heartily want to learn it or not. Then the phrase “let perseverance run its course” struck me to the core. I realized we cannot hurry the time of testing; it must play itself out. I am incapable of setting a time limit on a trial period. Paul’s words be content in all circumstances now ring loud and clear in my mind (Philippians 4:11). Without perseverance running its course, there is no way that we can reach maturity. We would lack true understanding of endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...