Friday, November 25, 2016

A Thanksgiving Feast!

It’s interesting how my understanding of scriptures becomes clearer during times of trial. I have to remember regardless of what the enemy throws at me that God has a feast table prepared for me. A Thanksgiving Feast! I can be in the worst of situations and be joyful, because I am sitting at a table prepared for a child of the King. I am eating all my favorite foods. The enemy cannot touch the table, me or even…my joy. God’s goodness and His compassion is forever present in my life. He is right here with me.


My relationship with the Lord brings true joy- my cup runs over. This overflow is easy to think about during the holiday season. Picture a delicious latte topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings flowing right over the cup. MMmmm. God blesses us in the same way. The greatest blessing as God’s children is that we have the power of the Holy Spirit living within us. He gives us the strength to rejoice in all circumstances. Therefore, I am to learn to rejoice in all situations. In 1 Peter we are reminded to give God all praise and glory, because we have living hope. Peter teaches us that suffering proves our faith. All things result in praise and honor. All glory to Him! (1: 3-7) Rejoice in all things. Help me learn. Thanks, Lord, You make it possible that I can feast at a table in front of the enemy and still be at peace.
“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.” (Psa. 23)





No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...