Friday, December 2, 2016

I feel entrapped.




I am the first to admit that I like things to run smoothly. When they do not, I am a mess. My family teases me that I have border line OCD tendencies. We laugh and joke about it, but in fact it is not far from the truth. I do like things in order. However, the past few years, I have learned to let a few things go. It’s okay. The wisdom comes in knowing the balance. Sometimes things happen in life where you are forced to put total trust and dependence on the Lord. I guess Type A people may find this a little more difficult. When there is no plan, faith must step in the picture.
Today, though, I feel entrapped. What must I do? Call upon the Lord and totally trust. When an animal or fish tries to free itself from a hunter’s net, it actually becomes more entangled. I admit that I have been fighting to free myself. It is time to stop. My strength cannot hold up any longer. Be still and humbly call upon the Lord and His goodness. He will hear me. I remember His promise that He will take care of the faithful. He will save me. I have hope!
(Psalm 31): In You I put my trust. Please listen to me and save me quickly. You are my rock. Guide me. Free me from the entrapment I am in. Have mercy on me, Lord. Be gracious to me for I am troubled. My strength does not hold up because of my affliction. Let me not feel bad that I called upon you. I fear you, Lord. How great you are and your goodness! You have heard me. You take care of the faithful. Don’t lose hope; be brave, and He will make your heart strong. Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...