Monday, April 6, 2009

Church Fellowship


We had another wonderful day at church. Our family looks forward to Sundays as Luke is involved in his classes, Amielle is practicing for an Easter Sunday drama production and Ashlyn is spending time with the young people. Even though it is a long day for us, we are eager to be with the local believers at Golgotha.

Leaving home early, we arrive and Buck prays with the pastors and brothers first thing. The service starts at 10:00 and dismisses by 12:30 for a time of tea and cheese bread. At 1:00 we attend our various Sunday school classes. I am so thrilled to be a part of a ladies class on the third floor. The teacher asked that I sit in, so we can consult with one another about the lessons and new ideas for her class. They all welcomed me to their group; I praise the Lord for new relationships.

Then at 2:00-3:00 our family participates in the English Bible study. We are seeing growth in number and learning. Yesterday I was pleased as I was able to translate more vocabulary in Russian. Translating the Bible study lessons during the week has been helpful. Though Buck teaches the lessons, the ladies in the class seek my help with words and phrases as we all work together to understand more about Spiritual gifts.

We really miss out on a noon meal, so I always pack a picnic lunch to tie us over until we travel home. However, if we stay for extra meetings, we are welcome to eat a prepared meal for those ministering all day. The ladies in the kitchen already love Ashlyn as she and her new friend help clean the social hall and kitchen after hours. The other day I saw one of the girls toting a mop bucket. All of this activity together makes a church fellowship!

I uploaded some photos for us all to enjoy, and please continue to pray. Praise God for Golgotha Baptist Church.
In His Love,
Les

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...