Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Blessings" article- Sing Unto the Lord

This article was personal, so I thought I would reference it:

Dear Partners,
I stood in awe and tears rolled down my face as I listened to two beautiful prayers. A couple of ladies knelt before the church and cried prayers of repentance and forgiveness while brothers and sisters in Christ stood by them in support.

Last Sunday, we had the opportunity to witness spiritual gifts at work. Olga Sergeyevna has been teaching at Golgotha Baptist Church in Moscow for a number of years. Our IMB team asked her a few months ago to write a Bible study on “Spiritual Gifts”, and it is being translated into English for a new ministry. Olga Sergeyevna brought a friend of hers to the service. After a highly evangelistic worship service where Boris Berezhnoi, the lead singer for the Russian Christian music group Blagovestie, had shared the gospel in word and song for about an hour, an invitation was given. It was a joy to see Olga Sergeyevna literally push her friend forward to accept Christ publicly. When she did, many in the service began to weep tears of joy. Another visitor at the church ran forward to bow on her knees and give her life to Christ, too. It was a joyous day to see the spiritual gifts of teaching and evangelism displayed for the glory of Christ!

What a gorgeous sight it was! We are thankful for servants like Olga and Boris who use their gifts to edify the church. More importantly we give glory to God for saving souls. The church sang enthusiastically along with Boris: “May Russia bow before You!” It was amazing to see such a request being answered right before my eyes.

Rejoice with us,
Les
(Blessings, "Sing Unto the Lord", 3-11-09)

Subscribe to Blessings: blessings@everyheart.net

2 comments:

  1. I rejoice with you, singing songs like May Russia bow before You, and salvation also. What all Christians Pray for. I admire missionaries so much. Thank you for blogging about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouraging words. May the Lord bless you today!

    ReplyDelete

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...