Monday, March 23, 2009

Let's Go Down to the River....to Pray....


Buck just arrived back home this morning from Bryansk, where 5 young people were baptized yesterday in the freezing Desna River. This young church plant is growing! There are about 70-80 regular attendees now for the Sunday and Wednesday services. The young church is led by 20-somethings and the majority of the members are below 18 years old. The worship service is definitely "next generation" and Buck was overjoyed to meet them, because some of them are the children of young guys with whom he worked with to do church planting when we lived in Bryansk 10 years ago.

Billy is a pastor at Lifeway Church in Seattle, WA, but his church has freed him up to spend about 6 months out of the year as Virtual Strategy Coordinator with the IMB. Buck said, “I just praise God that these youth are being reached for Christ. And I praise God for Billy and Patty Arnold and Lifeway Church. May this become a true Christian Youth Movement in Russia.”

Here is a short video clip of the event. (If blog music is running, you may want to click the pause button on the left of the page.) It blessed my heart and I am sure that it will bless yours. Our prayers are with you Billy and Patty! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...