Friday, November 14, 2008

Prayer is a top priority these days.

I pulled up a section from my journal from 1999. We had only been in Russia a year and were moving to our first city of service. Prayer became our top priority in those days. Prayer is a top priority these days.

Buck writes in a year in review newsletter in 1999:

"We are beginning to understand why prayer is so important. A pastor once told me that God would stop the world, the sun, and the universe, if He wanted to get the attention of His children. I believe it. Sometimes I’ve wondered if one of the reasons God has led us to Russia was just to strip away from us all the superficial in our relationship to Him and simply allow us to view our standing before Him with clear vision. I believe that God desires for every man to be saved; I believe that God will send a great outpouring of His Spirit onto Russia in these last days. But I also see that God’s desire for my relationship to Him to be one of simplicity, wholeheartedness, and total dependence upon Him. That kind of relationship only comes through a life priority of prayer.

It’s really a matter of a logical spiritual function. If the world is to be won to Christ, it will take men and women of God who are filled with the Spirit sharing with boldness. 'How can they hear without a preacher?' And if men and women are to be filled with the Spirit, they must have a deep relationship with Him. 'Walk in the Spirit'. And a deep relationship with God only comes through deep, quality time with Him in studying the Word, walking in experiences with Him everyday, and unceasing prayer. It’s that simple.

We are all called to be lights of the world. We are discovering that God as simply moved our lights from one part of the world to another part. And even though the faces have changed, and the entire culture is different, our relationship to Jesus in unceasing prayer through the Holy Spirit has not changed. Or if it has, it is being called to a deeper level."

-The Chosen Path, Journal entry "the unseen battle continues to rage in the forest land", L.Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...