Sunday, November 16, 2008

Surprising Visit


I watched a movie not long ago and was fascinated when two ladies from different countries and cultures bonded. They seemed to be as close as sisters, maybe even closer. I never dreamed of having such a friend, but God gave me a dear friend/sister in Natasha. I saw her a few weeks ago for a brief few minutes as our train made a pit stop in Bryansk, Russia, on our way back from Ukraine. Not having seen each other in years, we were thrilled to even have 26 minutes together. I will never be able to put into words, though, how hard it was to watch her walk away as our train pulled off. Surprisingly this past week she was able to visit us in Moscow for a day. How wonderful our time was together! I thank God for Natasha.

1 comment:

  1. That was such a fun time! I was so glad that they came to have some time with us. That really brought many memories back. And I really like to listen to the Ukrainian accent when they spoke. That is such a cute picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...