Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Devotion for the Month

the messenger

Read John 13:1-16
Key Passage: Truly, Truly, I tell you, the one who serves is not greater than the one he serves; neither is the missionary greater than the sender - John 13:16

Sometimes we really have to deal with feelings of inadequacy. We must realize that although Jesus commissioned us to be His witnesses, we sometimes struggle with our own calling. I recalled this entry in my spiritual journal: Yesterday as I was out in my neighborhood, I was given the opportunity to witness three times to various people. Each time I walked away upset because I knew that I should have done better. I began asking the normal questions: "Why did I not say...? Oh, why am I not better with the Russian language? My grammar was terrible." Read again what Jesus says in John 13.

Application:
See yourself this week as the messenger Christ has sent. As you are at work, shopping, or just taking a walk in your neighborhood, be that messenger to your people as Christ works through you.

Walk Farther:
1. Who do you really serve?
2. How do you handle feelings of inadequacy?
3. What do you do to make sure you don’t miss opportunities to witness?

-L. Burch, A Winter's Path, path 1


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...