Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Continued “Is it a secret?” Part 2

Traveling home on the bus after that wonderful day in the park, I reflected upon what God had taught me and was thankful as I counted the many blessings in my life. I looked out the window of a small crowded bus and saw the most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen in Russia. I began to cry; I knew that God was showing me a sign of one of His promises. I almost punched the man sitting next to me to tell him to look out the window at one of God’s blessings, but in some countries a person doesn’t punch someone on a bus to speak to them. We just punch people to get out of the way.

I felt I needed to talk to this man, but I did not know what to say. I sat frustrated at this point in silence. Today had gone so well I was ready to tell my “secret” some more. There was only silence. Then I heard an inner voice from the Lord say, “Pull out your Bible now!” I struggled a second with that idea on public transportation because I would then be labeled a fanatic or member of a cult. However, I silently sighed and pulled out my Russian Bible. I turned to John 1 where the Word could be revealed.

I was about at the end of the chapter, and I knew that he was reading along with me. He soon leaned over and asked if I was a believer. My response was affirmative. Now I started getting excited again. Unfortunately his next questions threw me. I was ready to give the Gospel at once. However, he asked in a stern manly voice, “Tell me, does the Bible say the husband is Lord over the wife?” I thought I was having trouble with the language and understanding his question. I made him repeat it to me. I was thinking surely He is not asking me this deep question, and now I have to answer it in Russian. Well, I made him repeat it again the third time. Being the submissive wife that I am, I answered how I should have, “Yes, the Bible does say that, and it also says that a man is to love his wife as Christ loves the church.
Here I will show you these passages.” I smiled to myself as God did allow me to witness to this man, Nikolai. I was able to share with him the Gospel as well. Thank you, God that You gave a child of Yours another opportunity to tell a secret. As His children may we first pray, be ready to listen and obey, and just tell our secret unashamedly.
-L.Burch, A Woman’s Path to God, path 46

Questions to ponder:

1. How often do you share the good news of Jesus Christ with people?
2. Who do you know that is someone who really needs to hear this good news?
3. Would you be willing to pray for this person on a consistent basis until he/she receives Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...