Friday, February 19, 2010

My Grandma!


This is a picture that was taken several years ago of my beautiful grandmother. One of the hardest things to handle while living on the mission field is not being able to drive around the block or across town to see your loved ones. I would right now if I could.

When I was a little girl, I would actually ride my bike down an old dirt road and across a wooden bridge to get to grandma's house. You could actually see the water flowing beneath you as you steered carefully. Spending the night with my grandparents was just the thing to do. She always fixed me just what I wanted and that was usually fried chicken, peas, rice and cornbread. Well, granddaddy and I would sometimes crumble the cornbread up in a glass of milk at the end of the meal. Have you ever had a better dessert than that? Memories. I love my grandma!

1 comment:

  1. Yes love those grandparents, and cornbread in milk was great too
    kim

    ReplyDelete

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...