Saturday, June 20, 2009

How to have a personal relationship with the Father

Have you ever thought about these two questions: 1) Am I sure that I have a personal relationship with the Father? 2) Am I at peace in knowing where I will be when I die? If your answer to either of these questions is “no” or “I am not sure,” ask the following question: What does it take for me to have a personal relationship with the Father? You can begin a remarkable relationship with the Father when you say yes to His offer of salvation.

His desire in creating us was for us to have fellowship with Him. You can take steps that will lead you to a personal relationship with the Father. God is ready to draw (near) to you (James 4:8). Realize that God created you in His image (Genesis 1:26), and He wants to communicate with you through the reading of His Word.

How is this possible? The Holy Spirit comes to live within us at the moment of our belief. We receive the promised Holy Spirit, the seal, who marks us as His children (Ephesians 1:13). And our understanding of the Scriptures is possible only through Him. He opens our minds to understanding which leads to wisdom.

Steps to take to enter into a personal relationship

Step 1: Believe in the Son of God.
Step 2: Repent and turn away from your sins.
Step 3: Confess Jesus as Lord.
Step 4: Accept Him by faith in Jesus Christ.
Step 5: Trust in God's Word for assurance.
Step 6: Read and meditate on the Word of God.


-A Woman's Path to God, L. Burch

In the next post, Steps to Take to Enter into a Personal Relationship, I would like to explain these steps in more detail. Please read through these carefully or share them with a loved one or friend; He desires for us to know Him personally.
In His Love,
Les

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...