Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Mother's Joy...

These people are my joy. I thank the Lord for my family. There are some days on the mission field when feelings of loneliness kick in. Being separated from immediate family and like friends from home makes it tough some days. Please understand that I love Russia and the people, but at times I ache for what is familiar--one could say this would be my heart language, my roots, small town life or South GA country living. However, there is a drive that keeps me going. It may be the urgency to spread the Gospel, the burning fire within me to make a difference, my desire to please the Father, encouraging words from national partners, words of exhortation from prayer warriors and verbal motivating statements from my children and husband.

Lately I have felt impressed to spend quality time with my children. I do not want to look back one day and say "I wish I had done _______(fill in the blank) with Ashlyn, Amielle or Luke before they left home." I will make great memories. And truthfully they help cure my moments of "loneliness". We just finished a successful home school year. I praise the Lord that I get to teach my own children. I get to spend time with them 24/7.


I now have a 4th, 8th and 10th grader in the house. Since we are finishing the school year and have more free time, I am setting aside certain days for each child. It seems wise to spend a little individual time together.





A mother may be surprised what she hears when she gives a child her undivided attention. And I do not know why I have to remind myself over and over again that a great way to solve my own "so-called problems" is invest my time and attention in others. So, here are a few family pics entitled A Mother's Joy.

3 comments:

  1. What great pictures of ya'll! I love reading about how you enjoy spending time with your children. I want to be sure I have more of those special moments with Sophie and Isaac, too...esp. Sophie. She's still little, but I don't want to look back and have any "I wish I would have done this" moments. I hope you guys have lots of fun moments together! God bless ya'll...we're thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with the time with your children, is important, I know how fast they grow up. I am from Georgia also, I was raised in North Georgia mountains and now live between Atlanta and Alabama.
    Kim
    I know you will be rewarded for your work in Russia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great a family, it is good you get to spend a lot of time with them.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...