Thursday, April 10, 2008

Their Perspective: Seeing Russia through My Eyes by Ashlyn Burch


My life, since I was three, is Russia. I see Russia as my home. When we came to Russia, my mom and dad were learning the Russian language every day with a teacher. They would have to go to a class while a babysitter came and took care of me. Not long and I was speaking Russian fluently. I soon had many Russian friends. I even would be watching television in Russian. I have grown up as an ordinary Russian kid even though I did not go to public school. I would go to buy something and people still thought I was Russian.

I would enjoy the stay with my family and going out to different restaurants in America; but when it was time to come back home, I would feel joy in my heart. Yes, I cried before we left the USA, but I was also happy knowing that we were coming back. If there was one thing I would change, that would be for my family to come over here to Russia and live. I would be very happy and content in knowing that I was fully home.
- Ashlyn Burch, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...