Friday, February 1, 2008

Month of Love


February is celebrated as the month of love, not just in America but in other countries now, too. My daughter, Amielle, sent me this drawing just to tell me she loves me. I remember something she said at six years old. My older daughter, Ashlyn, was baptized, and we were discussing the topic. Amielle said that she was not ready for baptism because she was scared of the water. However, she quickly informed me that she knew Jesus was in her heart. She said, “Mama, it is like this, I place my hand over my heart and feel my heart beat. It tells me that Jesus is there.” Then she asked the most interesting question: “Mama, when my heart goes up and down, I think Jesus is telling me that He loves me. Is that right?”

The things kids say. They are so innocent and sweet. Everything is understood so simply. As an adult, I must accept God’s love so openly as well and never forget my first love. Try it: Place your hand over your heart today and sense His presence as you hear Him say, “I love you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...