Friday, February 22, 2008

What do you think you could do to add more of a godly, positive attitude to your life?


Thought we might start something new…I have received much positive feedback about the blog and so many encouraging personal notes from you. Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words! I have been informed that these testimonies and requests are used to spur discussions in your church groups as well as to share our news with many prayer warriors. Wonderful!

Maybe opening up with a thought provoking question at times will give us an opportunity to participate in a light forum. I have been motivated by your responses to me, and I am sure others will benefit from your thoughts, too. If you would like to share just tap on the comment section below the post, the responses will appear in my section, and I will add accordingly.

a positive attitude
Passage of Encouragement: And Caleb got everybody settled down in front of Moses, and said, “Let’s go now, and take over this land, because we’re capable of overcoming it.” - Numbers 13:30 (Background reading: Numbers 13:25-30)

Commentary: At the end of forty days the spies came back from exploring the Promised Land. They approached Moses, Aaron and the whole Israelite community. They brought back some of the rich fruit and told that the land was plentiful with milk and honey. They also told of the powerful people that lived there. They knew that they would have to face these powerful leaders. And Caleb spoke and said, “Let’s go now, and take over this land, because we are capable to overcome it.”
Reflection: I wonder sometimes how others see me reacting to a seemingly impossible situation. Do I find myself being more positive or negative? One of the most positive people in my life is my mother. She always views situations optimistically and takes things as they come. I know she is this way, because her relationship with the Lord is solid. She places her trust in Him totally. We can certainly do anything, forbear anything and accomplish anything because God is with us. I want to have the same positive attitude as Caleb and my mother. I want to seek God’s will on all matters. He will help me be victorious (L.Burch, A Woman’s Path to God, path 25).

What are some things that Christians can do to add more of a godly, positive attitude to their lives?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leslie...I'm glad the Lord led me to read your blog. Joe and I have been reading through the Bible, starting from Genesis, and we read this passage not too long ago. But I haven't thought about it quite the way that you presented it. I've been discouraged lately as I look around my home and find it unorganized. It seems like it will be impossible to clean and organize it while I'm trying to take care of a one year old, a husband, and keep up with all the activities going on around us. I often feel overwhelmed by it all. This is the first thing I thought of when you talk about overcoming. I know this may not seem like such a big task for many women...but for me it seems like someone is asking me to go out and run a marathon! But with God's help, I know I can take those baby steps and overcome what seems like an impossibility. One day. It probably won't be anytime soon, but I want to stay motivated and encouraged. There are so many other factors involved too...but the main thing is that I know I need to give all of it to the Lord.
    To answer your question, the only way I know how to add more of a godly, positive attitude to my life is to pray and look to God's Word. Sometimes nothing else will do. I am very encouraged when my mom comes over and tries to encourage me, helps me straighten things up, and helps me take care of the baby. I think so many stay at home moms would be encouraged by having friends or family come over and help them out every once in a while or just give them words of truth and encouragement. I know it helps me! Anyway, that's a long response, but I appreciate your post! Stacey Daniel

    ReplyDelete

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...