Wednesday, August 11, 2010

gentle words

Devotion:
Read Proverbs 15
Key Passage: Answering someone calmly diffuses anger, but antagonistic
words inflame the situation. -Proverbs 15:1

1. Do you find it difficult to get along with some people? With whom do you
argue most?

2. Is it ever hard for you to think before you say harsh words?

3. Pray for this person by name and ask God to prepare you with gentle words for your next encounter.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, may all my words be gentle ones. Help me to choose carefully the right words to say. Even in times and conversations that seem to be controversial, I pray that I can steer discussions to show gentleness, kindness, and love.

Application:
Take a break time today/this week just for yourself to relax and do something that you enjoy so that your level of tolerance and patience will be intact. Also, throughout the week make a list of as many kind words as possible. Remember these words and use them when needed to warrant off feelings of anger in others or within yourself.
-Path 7, A Winter's Path, L. Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...