Sunday, January 10, 2010

Short Walk Down Memory Lane


As I sit at home this morning, I started looking through some old photos. Buck is away in another country and the kids and I are snug and warm in our apartment in Moscow, Russia. So, I clicked on the photo section of my computer and pulled up a few pictures from over the years. The next thing I did was open my journal to find this paragraph that I wrote years ago. I'll be concluding this portion soon. It rather sums up my thoughts for this time period. Anyway here is a short walk down memory lane.

"Maybe the question that was forefront in everyone’s mind but never verbalized was: “Why did you ever leave home in the first place and move to Russia? I never left home actually. Home is who I am. I have come to understand many things over the years. One of which is that who we are has been shaped and formed by the many people that have invested their time in us and the many places and opportunities we have seen or lived to experience."-The Chosen Path, L. Burch

Bryansk 2000



AGM 2003



Saint Petersburg 2004, Church on the Island (Southside Baptist McRae...love offering given to help purchase keyboard)




Shipbuilder's Team, St. Pete '05-06



St.Pete crew 2007



Our landlord (friend) and us, St. Pete 2008




Golgotha Church Family, Moscow 2009-10

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these photos, they are beautiful and good memories also
    kim

    ReplyDelete

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...