Saturday, October 24, 2009

Devotion- serve him and believe in his promise

-Path 22-
A Winter's Path
by Leslie Burch

Path Light: Read John 12:20-35
Key Passage: If somebody wants to serve me, he has to follow me. My servant will be everywhere I go. If somebody wants to serve me, my Father will bless him. -John 12:26

As His servants desiring to be fully used for His potential, we have to be reminded in His teachings that we have been chosen by Him only to bring glory to His name. In everything we are doing, no matter where we are living, or what we are experiencing, we need to constantly focus on bringing glory to His name. Having given our lives to the Lord, we need to remember that He is always near us as we follow Him closely. The moment that we do not follow after Him and look at our steps is the time when we lose our focus and vision of Him and His leading.

Many times while living in Bryansk and Saint Petersburg, Russia, I have questioned why certain things have happened. And often wondered for what purpose God allowed these things to take place. Then I am reminded time and time again that I will not always understand. I realize that I cannot possibly grasp His wisdom and decision in all matters. Everything is for His glory and only for that reason should we serve and remember His promise in John 12 "if any man serve me, him will my Father honor.” I know that some circumstances seem to have no eternal purpose. They are sometimes simply hard to comprehend. I question how God can even use me or a situation for His glory. However, I know the fact and trust in the Holy Sprit that one day He will fully allow me to comprehend through His eyes the meaning and purpose of each leading/action. Then, I will look back over the years and wonder why I could not see....

Path Application:
This week let us apply this prayer: May we focus on Your promise, Father, that we are honored as we serve You. May we follow Your lead. May we bring glory to His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...