Tuesday, July 14, 2009

An Update- "rest and regroup"

Dear Family and Friends,
I haven’t forgotten about everyone this month. I normally post on the blog at least four times. Having just finished also pulling together, along with a team of IMB workers, a devotional guide of encouraging stories from the Russian cluster, I have taken a few weeks to rest and regroup. I thoroughly enjoyed gathering these Blessings stories about salvation experiences, new church starts, new groups and baptisms among the Russian speaking people. And the most enjoyable part of the work was staying in the Word.

While Buck has been away due to his studies and Ashlyn visiting grandparents in the states, Amielle, Luke and I have continued in Moscow. I have also been thinking through plans for the fall. I want to do exactly what God wants, not what I wish. These plans are becoming clearer as the days go by and as I continue in a prayerful attitude. While at church, Golgotha, Sunday, I was thrilled to hear from a sister in Christ about the desire for a new Bible study home group. She asked when we could start. I responded, “How about September?”

Please be in prayer about the Lord’s will in this matter and others. I still need to translate four lessons for the Golgotha in English ministry. I am presently reading from 1 and 2 Chronicles for my personal "quiet time". I have to be honest and say that I was not too eager to begin reading the historical records; however, to my surprise there were many times that I gathered something new from these books, especially concerning actions of King David. Maybe I will have more thoughts soon about my learning. Again, thanks for your continual love and support and for traveling this journey, this path, with me. I'm trying really hard to connect with you.

In His Love,
Les
-The Chosen Path, 2009

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a great job with so many tasks. You should be rewarded.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...