Monday, May 25, 2009

An ocean divides but prayers unite the two

Yesterday at Golgotha in Moscow, Russia, during the Sunday School hour, I visited one of the ladies' classes to share how my mother's Sunday class in America was praying for them, especially for Olga has she continues to write the Bible study lessons for the English class.

Every Sunday it is evident that the ladies at Golgotha are thrilled to be in church and learning more about the Lord. They are really studying God's Word with a strong passion. We read from Philippians how every time we pray we thank God for you with joy (Phil. 1:3-4). I mentioned that I never fully understood this verse until I became a missionary and lived in Bryansk, Russia, years ago when times were tough. And I just knew that family and friends back home were praying for me. I learned another lesson, too. When you are going through tough times, you should focus on others and pray for them with joy. I began praying for those around me and my problems seemed to disappear.

Yesterday the ladies at Golgotha were so pleased to hear that other ladies in America are praying for them. I even asked for a specific prayer request sheet. They handed me one immediately. I will translate this list and pass it on to the ladies' class at Southside Baptist Church in McRae, Georgia. Though an ocean divides the two countries geographically, the prayers bring them together in heart. I live in Russia as one of your missionaries, and I thank the Lord that I have an opportunity to pass on your thoughts to other brothers and sisters in Christ for encouragement. So, yesterday, dear ladies--you who trained me in the Lord--of Southside, I was your voice; I hope I made you proud.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad prayer is working, I will be praying for them also.

    ReplyDelete

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...