Wednesday, February 23, 2011

“She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.” (Prov. 31:27)


A Homemaker's Responsibility

Thought I'd post a "Daily Chore Schedule" here for you ladies who are doing your best to take care of your household. I have shared this schedule with many friends in hopes that we can all benefit from one another's ideas. It seems to be helpful.


This is what I do to make my home a better place to enjoy:
Basically I do one or two jobs a day to keep the house in order. That way I don't get tired, and the house is always clean. Only a fast “touch up” is needed for company. :-)

Mon- Gather trash in every room of the house. (Of course, kitchen trash is taken out daily [Thanks to the men in the fam!]).; Change sheets on bed in master bedroom

Tues- Vacuum entire house; Spray house with air freshener

Wed- Clean bathrooms (I only have two baths. If more than two, maybe add another bath to Tuesday’s chores); Mop the entire house

Thurs- Deep clean kitchen sink, stovetop and counters; Quickly wipe out frig.

Fri- Dust the house; Change sheets on kids' beds

Sat/Sun rest

*I usually wash and fold two loads of clothes a day (family of five). Everyone puts up their pile immediately!
*Helpers: Assign age appropriate jobs when possible to children. Call on helpers to assist with everyday jobs like dinner dishes, sweeping the kitchen floor after supper or unloading the dishwasher in the mornings.
*Declutter a little as you go each week. Don’t get “bogged down” in one room; remember you are coming around again the next week. ;-) After a month, you will notice a difference.
Hope this helps. Tackle your responsibilities with joy. Sing praises to Him while you work. Happy Choring!
In His Love,
Les
“She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.” (Prov. 31:27)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Leslie - this is great advice!
    Hope Spires Owens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this wonderful ideas with us, Ms in Europe. I find myself busy with people and do not have much left for my home. In the other hand being in a clean and ordered place is very important to me ... I cannot relax otherwise. It is a snowball ... I will try to adapt your schedule to my life and see what happens. Check http://priscillas-place.blogspot.com/ Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leslie!!!! This is just the thing I've been looking for! Looking forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete

"Let my people go."

  “Let my people go!” I am currently enrolled in a course entitled Schools and Inequalities. My focus changed from my work with adults ...